Tuesday, May 16, 2006

For my OneSkein secret pal

HEY THERE SECRET BUDDY !

Here are the answers to your questions.

I am required to send you these questions.....however I have one of my own....are you really allergic to wool? the thought of that makes me tear up.....
I am not allergic to wool ( I really don’t think I am ) but I have noticed that some of the chemicals they put on the superwash wools bother me. I really haven't made too much for myself in wool, and the item I did does make me itch a little but I still wear the scarf....heck its Lorna's Laces yarn .. wouldn’t you !

1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?

There are so many yarns I love, how can I answer this question. I prefer soft yarns, the kind that you want to molest in the yarn store. Silky but not shiny( those metallic ones..yuk) One of my favorites for baby stuff is Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino .. I love the feel of it. Karabella yarns are lovely, things like that ... cushy and mushy I call them...LOL

2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
I try to match the colors with the person I am knitting for. I don’t do too bright day glow colors, but for kids knitting I try to go for brighter colors. For myself I am a major earth tone kind of girl and deep purples and reds.

3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
I have used variegated yarns, magic yarns for socks, and variegated yarns for a few scarves.

4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
I am not against some softer acrylics for machine wash items, there are some better quality blends these days. I use wools, cotton and some alpaca. It all depends on the project, but my mom has learned not to buy me any cheap yarns at flea markets unless I am there.

5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
Doesn’t make a difference to me but if I buy a hank of anything then I like it to be center pull when it gets balled up.

6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
I would not mind using them at all.

7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
In the past 12 months I have made countless socks ( slipper socks for gifts) scarves, shrugs, a doll, too many hats, and some baby dresses.

8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
Of course, I am hoping to get some some guilt off my back and use a lot of the yarn I have spent my money on to make a lot of holiday gifts this year. Also some baby shower and birthday gifts.

9. What is your favorite one skein project?
I like the cable scarf and the felted items.

10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
I am too scared to count how many pieces I have, but it has too be at least over 200+ skeins, there goes that yarn budget.

11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
Not at the moment. I have to stop being so co-dependant with my stash.

12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
No, I do a lot of knitting at work on break or before my shift, in the lovely air conditioned space. I sit in parks after work to relax. I try not too to too much in white outside as to not to get it dirty, I am a walking klutz and I will drop it in the first puddle I come across.

13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
I do belong to one knitting group that meets monthly but I am not adverse to joining another one but my schedule is tough sometimes.

14. Pal, please confirm for me your mailing address (some East Coast zip codes may have lost the beginning Zero value and appear as four digits).
This I will send in the email

Hopefully these will help you .. if you have any other questions ...ask away.

1 comment:

AngeliasKnitting said...

How exciting! It's always exciting to start these secret exchanges. Plus, it gives others an idea of what you like.

Wow - that's some stash though! It really puts mine to shame! :-)