Tuesday, April 11, 2006

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS ..MAMI !!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMI !!!!

Today is my mami's 76th birthday and she is still amazing and force to be reckoned with. This picture is from the surprise 75th birthday party I put together last year. My mami loves flowers, so the theme was roses. Today we are meeting for lunch since I have to work late, but Thursday will be our day.
My mami was born in Mayaguez, a small town in the southwest part of Puerto Rico. The oldest of four she had to become the mother for all when her mother died. My mami moved to NYC in 1948 and began a hard and determined life. Having raised four boys and me, my mother worked as a seamstress and took in piecework to make ends meet. My mami has been through so much over the years but she still continues to amaze me everyday. She is a grandmother of 7 and the great-grandomther of 4 and a loving mother, sister and friend.




Te Dios te bendiga siempre ... te adoro.

3 comments:

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

You forgot to mention how she adopted a crazy 13 year old white girl, many many years ago.

Happy Birthday Mami!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you mom! :) Beautiful roses there!!

AngeliasKnitting said...

Happy birthday to your Mami! Enjoy your day Thursday.

Beautiful roses! :-)