Sunday, March 12, 2006

Oh beautiful ...

This past weekend in celebration of my 37th birthday, I took a weekend trip to our nations capital ... Washhington D.C. I have a great friend who lives right outside of D.C. in Arlington and he was willing to deal with me all weekend. I took the notorious Chinatown Bus Line and had a great time. The weather was amazing and my friend Donnell spoiled me rotten. I made him take me to the National Mall and we went to the Smithsonian to see the Celia Cruz exhibit and just to take a nice long walk.

I wont get into a blogging moment about our nations politics and how things are or should be. I did take a few pictures around town. No matter how things are at the moment, I love the architecture of the buildings, and I am an eternally optimistic about their meaning and what we still could be.



( but I would highly recommend that they clean out the reflecting pool soon... smelly and the ducks will need healthcare soon)


And being a tried and true New Yorker, I was shocked that there was no eating on the Metro or the lights that alert you to the trains coming. There transit systems is great and its still in its infancy.

I was going to take out my needles at the Lincoln Memorial but I was concerned with being stopped.... and I don't think that dear ol Abe needed socks anyway.

And as for the "doll" mentioned in my last post ... all I have to say is "WHAT DOLL ? YO NO VEO NINGUNA MUNECA !!! "

1 comment:

AngeliasKnitting said...

Nice pix. Glad you had a great weekend in DC (you could have stopped to see me on your way there...). I've never actually been to DC (driven around it, on the way to Florida).