Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I haven't aged a bit !



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME .... 37 years and still counting and I haven't aged a bit.

In realizing that I was getting nearer to my birthday I decided late last night that I was going to put a picture of me and my beautiful mami on this blog... the one I have of my first birthday party.
And of course with pictures of my mami .. there have to be pictures of my handsome brothers.

I am the youngest and the only girl. Yes there were times when I was spoiled but most of all I felt protected and loved. I had my own personal bodyguards and to this day I know that they would protect me where ever and forever.

This lady is Lolita ... My beautiful mami ...and she is still the amazing and gorgeous.


This handsome man is Junior and eventhough he is no longer with us ... I know he watches over me everywhere I go.
This smiling man is Al, always constant in my life and I am so happy he is healthier every day.


This sailor is Abraham. He lives in Orlando but always just a phone call away if I need him.


And then there is Radames, always such a innocent soul who loves everyone.

All their love and protection and strength have been a constant in my life, and helped me become the woman that I have become.

I have been truly blessed !

Every girl should have had such a lucky life to grow up with four handsome brothers and a beautiful mami.

Te quiero mami.. Gracias por ser mi mama y por dar me vida !!!


11 comments:

AngeliasKnitting said...

Happy Birthday Maribel - may this be your best birthday yet! Thank you for the picture tour.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Happy belated birthday. I subbed to you on bloglines :)We need to find more bronx knitters and start a SnB :)

Unknown said...

Wow, Nancy acts like you are soooo much older. But you sure don't look any older than she does.
Of course, please do not go read what I said on her comments. You know you have to agree with the blogger on their sites, right?
Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Maribel. :) See you next month!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Maribel Happy Birthday
Enjoy your Day

Tisha

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

Happy b-day buddy! Twenty six years of friendship and counting, who the hell else would put up with us!

Of course as you mentioned that I shared my dad, and you shared your family with me, I very happy with my brothers and beautiful Mami as well...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mari!

You are like fine wine.. with age you only get better.

Hugs and kisses!!!

Rachel ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Maribel! (and I'm a day late) but I have this friend Sherry, who's husband celebrates her birthday for a whole week, and calls it "sherrymas" so I'm going to pretend that we're celebrating "Maribelmas" and extend my wishes! ;)

Olga said...

Bueno, I'm, like, two weeks late but I still wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday! I'll be thirty seven in September, too. Love the family pictures!

Olga said...

Bueno, I'm, like, two weeks late but I still wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday! I'll be thirty seven in September, too. Love the family pictures!