Saturday, August 26, 2006

WHERE IS MY TYPEWRITER !!!!

Yeah I said it... TYPEWRITER

Remember those simple days when you sat at your desk, took out your notes, poured a cup of soda or iced tea and you sat at your desk and you carefully put in your first sheet of crisp 8" x 1" paper in your typewriter. I can't even remember the name of my lovely cream electric machine. My mom bought it for me before I finished junior high school and it was wonderful. My mom knew that I needed it for school and that I would take great care of it. So many papers and reports were typed on that machine and it even served other members of my family well.

So why do I miss my old typewriter?

Because I have had a hellish time getting my router to work. Not like a day of problems but three long days of trying to get my desktop to communicate with my router. Nothing has worked, not hours on the phone with customer service, not me bitching on the phone with Nancy and not me buying new ethernet cords. So do I return the router, do I call friends to help, do I go buy a wireless router or do I break down and call Geek Squad.

I go to my mom's for dinner
I enjoy a bowl of ice cream
I download some cd's into my Ipod
I somehow connect this laptop to some wireless network (don't tell anyone)

And I unplugged the router ( evil thing )

I am frustrated.

This is what I get for just wanting to have a simple laptop that I can use for DVD's in bed, download pics for email or just do some blogging from bed.

So if anyone has any suggestions let me know before I make router stew.

Oh yeah... I have got some knitting done too ... I had to destress somehow.

5 comments:

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

Rinaldo will be later today.

Just breathe...in...out...in...out

repeat...lol

Harlem Purl said...

I wish I could help you out but I'm so computer illeterate it's not even funny. Lord know how I got my blog up and running.
Anyway, my BF has a mac and he used to have a problem getting online but he got one of those wireless router thingies and now it works fine.

my advise, when you get to that point that your ready to throw the laptop out the window, just slowly place it down and pick up your knitting to help calm you down. Works for me when I get too vexed.

Anonymous said...

welcome back!!

your one skein pal - i have to finishe too.....

AngeliasKnitting said...

I hope you get everything working - computers can be so frustrating sometimes! When you start to think of the "old days" - with typewriters, just remember how much fun it was to CORRECT a mistake on a typewriter. lol!

Anonymous said...

Just stopping over to see who has been taking such good care of me in the One Skein Secret Pal exchange. I've added your blog to my subscription list. I also posted a picture on my blog of the wonderful goodies you sent to me in your reveal package.

I hope you got your laptop router issues cleared up. Technology can be so frustrating sometimes.