Friday, July 21, 2006

Updates...

So have been a bad bad blogger as of late, I guess the blogger blues have set in. Also the horrible heat and humidity here in NYC have not helped any. I had no desire to sit in front of my computer even for 5 minutes to check my email. Today is much better, the amazing thunder storms this evening have cooled things off and the lovely breeze is making me very happy.

I have even started two new projects:

The first is the sexy tank top which I mentioned in my last entry. I had to order Cascade Fixation for the project which was harder than you could imagine. Yarn Market and Patternworks did not have enough of this particular color. I had to get 6 skeins of number 9946 - Easter for the top. So after doing a web search I discovered a great site and my new favorite web store. Its called Angelika's Yarn Store and it is based in Lakeside Oregon. I called the store on Saturday afternoon, I got in touch with the owner, she had my order out that afternoon and it was in my greedy little hands by Monday afternoon. I had also ordered some Lornas Laces and it was all there in less than two days.


The second project is for my ONESKEIN secret buddy. I have decided to start the project early and it most likely will go with me to Florida next month. I am making the cabled booties for her. She lives in Oregon and she will need to keep her tooties warm. I chose my favorite Lornas Laces color and its my first real cable project. I aim for them to be perfect ... cross my toes and fingers.


So I am going to start the tank this weekend and the booties will be my travel and work project.

How is everyone doing on planning all their holiday gift?

3 comments:

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

You know my tootsies get quite cold in my drafty old house. A little Lorna's Laces love would be mighty appreciated;)

You cables look really good so far!

Anonymous said...

Very nice colors there!! :D Sending you a little cool breeze!!

Anonymous said...

More wacky knits...

http://erika.fisherking.org/?page_id=271