Sunday, March 16, 2008

Just a quick note...

It has come to my attention that the best thing to get you back into your knitting zen ... your knitting aura, back into your knitting zone is to just whip up something nice and simple for a well deserving person.

This lovely lady is Yenifer, one of the best booksellers I have worked with in the many years that I have worked in the book business. She is hardworking, dedicated and a team player, and to top it off she is a great mom.


So to thank her for all her hard work I wanted to make her something. I asked her to pick a pattern and I whipped up this hat this past weekend when I was hanging out at the BFF's house.

From the book Hip Knit Hats by Cathy Carron, and using Wool of the Andes from Knit Picks, it was fun and fast...and it looks great on her.



Thank you Yenifer !!!

On the knitting front, I have been planning my next project after I finish my mother's cardigan, I have one more sleeve and then I can start blocking and seaming...the infamous finishing.

I am going to work on a Clapotis for a trip next month...I just have to stop myself from spending a whole lot of money on some Jitterbug yarn for it instead of what I have already bought.

WILL POWER... WILL POWER ... WILL POWER

Congratulations to Cara and the newest member to her family.


2 comments:

Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

That hat really came out beautifully.

Funny I still haven't received any knit gifts from my bff, hmmm;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!