Friday, July 06, 2007

No .. no no... myspace for me

When you type "knitting blogs" in Google, you get over 3 million hits. There are any number of blogs in the universe, every topic, subject and preference you can imagine.

So why is it that everyone I know, well except those in the knitting community are shocked or surprised when I tell them that I have a knitting related blog.

Is it really that hard to understand or comprehend?

Yes it is true that I am obsessive knitter .. could be worse, I could be addicted making those fan dancer doll toilet paper cozies.
You can often see me either reading or knitting on the subway...or when waiting for someone.
I have a number of knitting podcasts on my Ipod, but there is also tons of great music on it as well.
I have way too many knitting books and yarn in my apartment ... but not as much as some others I know but I don't have a spinning wheel.
People don't complain about my knitting when they get a hand knit scarf or hat for the winter or when I make their baby a special hand knit doll or sweater set.

So why then is it that I am constantly being told to join Myspace?

Simple...I have the time for only one online journal and this is it. If you want to find me, then it will be here. If you want to know how I am and what I have been up to you can call or email me or check here weekly.

So ... be fearful my dear friends...you ALL at some point might end up on my blog and I have lots of embarrassing pictures of you all.

2 comments:

Harlem Purl said...

I never understood the myspace thing either. Just cause all my muggle friends are on there they figure that I should be too. They don't understand how hard it is to keep up with a blog int he first place. Sheesh when will they learn. Thanks for putting it all out there.

Shameka said...

I agree with you. For lack of a better term... Myspace sucks. Why do I want to see a bunch of pictures flying around when I go to check out a website? It is way too helter-skelter for me, honey. Blogger is laid out nicely, and gives us enough room to show off the real stuff.... our stash!!! Let them hate... we love you.